Getting involved with the Huntington Society of Canada at the local level is super easy, and for most of us super rewarding. There are a variety of ways to contribute, from the minimal involvement required to volunteer on the day of an event, to the challenges of creating and running an event, or serving on the executive.
The group is a mix of “seasoned veterans” and younger folks, we have regular Chapter meetings and the odd social gathering. Most of us share the common bond of being affected by Huntington’s Disease, but we do have volunteers who are not directly impacted. We are a fun group, but serious about making a positive difference in the Peterborough area – please consider joining us!
Here are some ways you might be able to contribute to the cause:
- Help out at Peterborough Chapter event (just on that day!)
- Sell raffle tickets
- Solicit sponsorships, donations, or prizes for events
- Contribute to our 3 x per annum newsletter
- Help with social media or marketing efforts
- Consider a position on the Chapter executive
- Promote participation in Chapter events
- Just come and hang out and get to know us!
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact us.